The Iowa Amputee Golf Association started its scholarship program in 1998. The association wanted to find away to give back to younger members of the group that were trying to continue their education at the next level.
Any amputee or immediate family member of an amputee who is a resident of the state of Iowa is eligible for the scholarship. This includes children, grandchildren, and stepchildren of an amputee. The size of the scholarship awarded does vary depending on the number of scholarships the board decides to award for that given year.
Lily is a below elbow amputee from Norwalk, IA. She is a junior at the University of Iowa majoring in speech and hearing sciences. In addition to her studies, Lily enjoys volunteering at the hospital and participating in the annual UI Dance Marathon. Lily is pictured here receiving her scholarship from President Cory Watson
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the next semester of college
- Send a copy of their grades to the board following their next semester of college, at which time the board will send a check for the scholarship amount awarded to that individual. The board must receive the grades before February 15, or the recipient will not receive the scholarship payment.
- Be an amputee of one or more major limb/joint(s) or an immediate family member of an amputee including children grandchildren, or stepchildren of an amputee.
- Be a resident of the state of Iowa.
- Be accepted or enrolled in an accredited post secondary institution.
- Submit a completed application by June 1st of the award year. The application must include a transcript (high school or college), a personal resume, two letters of reference, and a statement (100 words or less) concerning their intent to continue their education.
Applicants must re-apply each year. (for re-applying, complete the application form, but you do not need to re-submit resume, letters of reference, or statement)
The scholarship will be presented at the Saturday evening banquet, held in conjunction with the tournament. The recipient will be asked to attend the banquet to accept the certificate.
Mail applications and questions to:
Iowa Amputee Golf Association
4909 Quesada Ave
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
OR email applications to: